Wanted: iBot wheelchair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: iBot wheelchair

We are looking for an iBot wheelchair for my brother who sustained a spinal cord injury two years ago. He is pastor of a church with six children and eleven grandchildren. I was very excited to find this forum and see that the iBot chairs might be available through this resource.

You will probably not find one here, but take a look at Save the iBot Facebook page.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

You know of course that the iBot is no longer made, and that even getting repairs or parts to repair old ones is no longer possible. Did you look into this due to the segment on Dean Karmen on Sunday Morning today? They should have mentioned that when discussing the iBot.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Hi KLD,

I saw that on Sunday Morning, I think it was a rerun? If not, they should have mentioned that it was discontinued and support was no longer available.

The best powerchair resource on the web is: wheelchairdriver.com for everything related to powerchairs, including the ibot.

Comment

i have an ibot that id be willing to sell you...it needs batteries that i have heard you can get rebuilt.

Comment

Working...
          X