This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom Ryder LC-1 for sale in excellent condition

I’m selling my Freedom Ryder LC-1 body lean steer handcycle. It is in excellent condition and probably doesn’t have much more than 50 miles on it and has only ever been ridden on paved bike paths. I bought it for $3995 ($3695 plus $300 for memory foam seat) in late 2008 after I was handicapped in a car accident. I rode it for a mile or two at a time 2-3 times a week during the dry months of 2009 (that's why I figure there is only about 50 miles on it). By the end of 2009 I was very fortunate to regain enough use of my leg to ride an upright bicycle so since then it's sat in the garage under a cover! It has disc brakes, Shimano Rapid-Fire shifting, and a memory foam seat. The LC-1 is fast and very responsive. I loved this handcycle (especially the lean steer!) and hung onto it figuring I'd alternate between it and the upright, but it never happened so it's time for it to go. Not sure what an excellent condition used one of these goes for. I'd love to get $2000 out of it, but open to offers. I'm located close to the Bay Area in Northern California. I imagine I could ship at the buyers expense, but I would much prefer to sell face-to-face - better for everyone that way!

That's a great handcycle Skye; one of the better ones I've seen come up on this forum. Someone is going to be a very lucky person to get it.

Comment

That may be the first time I've seen anyone use the word 'handicapped' as a past-tense verb. Anyone else?

Also, pretty bike!

Comment

Great Bike and price, is it the 22" width cranks?

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
          That may be the first time I've seen anyone use the word 'handicapped' as a past-tense verb. Anyone else?

Also, pretty bike!
          Hi Brian, I used it meaning, the accident is in the past. I still have disabilities. However a lot of the nerve/muscle damage that was preventing me using my right leg has healed, despite the doctors' skepticism. I am very thankful for that and that's why I can now use an upright bike, albeit only on flat ground! I'm British, so if my word usage is not correct here, I apologize!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig80 View Post
            Great Bike and price, is it the 22" width cranks?
            Hi Craig80, if you are referring to the distance between the handles then yes, it's 22". If not let me know!

Comment

Looks 22" to me. Man, a Leansteer, with less than 50 miles on it and memory foam. "Lord hold me Back" no more handcycles... no more handcycles. There is no freer feeling than riding a leansteer into a corner.

Glad you got to the point where you are Skye; I'm sure it took a lot of work. Congrats, you are one lucky woman. I trust someone will really beneifit from this bike. I love my Freedom Ryder, I've had 0 problems with it.

Who ever ends up with this is getting one heck of good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                Looks 22" to me. Man, a Leansteer, with less than 50 miles on it and memory foam. "Lord hold me Back" no more handcycles... no more handcycles. There is no freer feeling than riding a leansteer into a corner.

Glad you got to the point where you are Skye; I'm sure it took a lot of work. Congrats, you are one lucky woman. I trust someone will really beneifit from this bike. I love my Freedom Ryder, I've had 0 problems with it.

Who ever ends up with this is getting one heck of good deal.
                Thanks Patrick :-)

Comment

I Googled this to see if I could find out more about this bike. I haven't come up with too much.

Specifically, how this bike would work for a C5/6 complete injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Domosoyo View Post
                    I Googled this to see if I could find out more about this bike. I haven't come up with too much.

Specifically, how this bike would work for a C5/6 complete injury?
                    probably not very good, you need good balance and some trunk strength. You need to be able to lean side to side to steer it, hence it's called a "lean-to-steer".

Comment

Kind of what I was assuming, thanks for the confirmation. We've been salivating at the pics and then I showed my daughter the Power Pod video and she is totally stoked. Seems our laundry list of "needs" just got amped.

Comment

Hey Dom, yeah would be tough for a C5/6 complete. It takes lower core to ride it efficiently.

Have you checked out their FRH-1 and 1A http://freedomryder.com

I also have the powepod. Man it is incredible as far as helping propel the bike.

Comment

Started to look at a bike for her last year at an expo but didn't get her on a bike to try. It was very busy. This year we will be more aggressive about getting a test ride and some advice. We have a great trail system here and we are SO looking forward to hitting it together again...even the hills!

Comment

Top End has a few smaller bikes for the younger kids. The expos are a good place to start. The powerpod would be great for the hills and family riding Dom. Man a handcycle would be great for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Domosoyo View Post
                              Started to look at a bike for her last year at an expo but didn't get her on a bike to try. It was very busy. This year we will be more aggressive about getting a test ride and some advice. We have a great trail system here and we are SO looking forward to hitting it together again...even the hills!
                              this is a link to Top End Test centers, there are 3 in the minneapolis area. they should have demos you can try. Mark up is litlle in the handcycles, so buying local doesn't really cost you much more, plus you'll get help with set-up and stuff.
                              A.Bicycle Bills
                              Bill
                              1260 Robert Street S
                              West St Paul, MN 55118
                              Contact Info
                              PHONE: 651-457-9111 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 651-457-9111 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
                              XLT, Excelerator, Li'l ExceleratorDetailed MapB.HandiMedical Supply
                              Robbi or Mateo
                              2505 University Avenue W
                              St Paul, MN 55114
                              Contact Info
                              PHONE: 651-644-9770 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 651-644-9770 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
                              Visit our website
                              XLT, ExceleratorDetailed MapC.Every Kid Mobility
                              Sally R. Brown
                              15449 Forest Blvd N. #C
                              Hugo, MN 55038
                              Contact Info
                              PHONE: 651.426.1548 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 651.426.1548 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
                              EMAIL: sally.brown@comcast.net
                              Visit our website
                              Li'l Excelerator, Excelerator, XLT PRODetailed Map
                              Last edited by jschism; 28 Mar 2012, 1:36 PM. Reason: link didn't work

Comment

Working...
                              X