Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Icon Wheelchairs are now available for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
    ....and then couldn't fit under their brand new kitchen table....so now they're either going to get a new chair that is 1" lower or a new kitchen table.
    throw the baby out with the bath water, is that it? How about some table feet to raise the table height?

keep it stupid simple.

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post

How many fasteners are on your ZRA, just out of curiosity?
      my ZRa is a toilet next to my Lasher. But it was necessary as a first chair, I found my specs. I actually am using it for a test bed right now, turning all those bizzy-bolts again tweaking my specs for my ORacing extreme box order, switching to metric changes the dimensions minorly. My main concern was my new backrest angle to find the COG sweetspot, with and without backpack full of books for school in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
        Me either what i fight, and less with you, you are a great guy i think, not think the same about Dale and Scott, they are just looking for a free Icon
        Nothing is free.

Some of us like to see legit innovation in an industry that has gotten stale. Jeff & several others have put a LOT on the line to build a solid product AND a sustainable business. If their previous effort was a taste of what they're capable of, the Icon chair has a lot of potential.

That said, no one has sat in a production model yet, so the verdict is still out, but things are looking real good...

Originally posted by tooley View Post
        my ZRa is a toilet next to my Lasher. But it was necessary as a first chair, I found my specs. I actually am using it for a test bed right now, turning all those bizzy-bolts again tweaking my specs for my ORacing extreme box order, switching to metric changes the dimensions minorly. My main concern was my new backrest angle to find the COG sweetspot, with and without backpack full of books for school in the fall.
        That question was directed to Canuck re: the concern over fasteners, but I get your point.

Comment

Are you going to buy an Xtreme Box? that`s great, now i`m not going to be the only one here
          But why are you going to change measurements respect your Lasher?

Comment

just a teory that is not really important for a fucking wheelchair.

Anyway looks very clear that you and scott are going to work for Jeff, so you will have to speak about how fantastic is the Icon.
            - I - N - G - O !

And that coming from the most hardcore wheeler on the planet.

Truthfully, to each his own. This has been a healthy discussion, even if some tried to make it personal.

Thanks CareCure! Where else could new products be touted and discredited by users from around the globe within a few hours.

Comment

But why are you going to change measurements respect your Lasher?
              I had my Lasher built with tires I thought I'd like, when I switched back to my SpeedRuns it affected my dump and backrest angle. I'm now a little too laid-back. I need to be more like you. Rained all day yesterday, had some help measuring and lots of input to think about for my rugby chair from my teammates Thursday night..

Orders will be sent Monday 8am Valencia time.
              Last edited by tooley; 23 Jul 2011, 3:12 PM.

Comment

I had my Lasher built with tires I thought I'd like, when I switched back to my SpeedRuns it affected my dump and backrest angle. I'm now a little too laid-back. I need to be more like you. Rained all day yesterday, had some help measuring and lots of input to think about for my rugby chair from my teammates Thursday night..

Orders will be sent 8am Valencia time.
                See what`s happen if you don`t buy Icon, you will not have that problem with an Icon.
                So forget it, Oracing chairs are for men who know what they want, lol.

Comment

See what`s happen if you don`t buy Icon, you will not have that problem with an Icon.
                  So forget it, Oracing chairs are for men who know what they want, lol.
                  exactly. So when I drop it out of my car (and my hand function is decent) some little bolt or bracket won't go <snap, crackle, pop>. I don't have a wife or mommy to call, my shit can't break (and doesn't).

Keep in mind - MOST SCI's get coddled to death (almost) by their doctors, family, therapists. They spend the rest of their lives second-guessing every decision they make. Not many have enough wherewithall [sp?] (balls) to solidify anything.

big john where have you gone?

Comment

Congratulations to Jeff and Christian, I can imagine how much work and dedication it needs to bring that kind of innovative wheelchair on the market. I think that the adjustability is a plus for anyone, even people like me that have been in a chair for more than 28 years even though I use a welded frame.

Now I know that it's just a rendering image posted but I hope that the production model will look better. Taste is a personal thing but I don't get it at all, it really doesn't look good to me.

Are you sure that the upswept front wing will be high enough to solve frog-legging issues?

@toto:

Your level of injury lets you adjust to the frame you ride even though it's not necessarily perfectly tuned, it's not the case for all of us. Many of us have been in chairs for much more years than you and we know what we need, it's just that it's not that easy to get exactly what we know we need when we buy a new wheelchair, there are too many unknowns with a new wheelchair. On top of that, needs are changing with time due to injuries, body changes, new cushion, new tires, new wheels, new backrest and so on ... that is where adjustability can come handy.
                    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

Not many have enough wherewithall [sp?] (balls) to solidify anything.
                      or the money to custom order a new chair from another continent because their new tires don't fit just right on a non-adjustable chair.

this thread is getting ridiculous.

Comment

That said, no one has sat in a production model yet, so the verdict is still out, but things are looking real good...
                        this would not instill a lot of confidence in me if I were interested in one. They are for sale but not one has been produced yet? Yikes.

"Here's my money. Can you build me something that is totally non-customized to my shape, size or personality? Thanks."

Comment

or the money to custom order a new chair from another continent because their new tires don't fit just right on a non-adjustable chair.

this thread is getting ridiculous.
                          it's called confidence. Look it up. As far as money is concerned, "I'm riiiich, biiiiiitch".

Fact is I was ordering a rugby chair from them and am headed back to school. I will likely be taking the subway. With no push handles or sideguards my Lasher is great for summer-time car transfers into my Mustang, it weighs less than a gallon jug of milk (transfer weight). But for the winter season and wardrobe concerns sideguards and some way for someone to drag my bitch-ass out of the snow a new chair is a must. What's another $7000 (retail)? Throw it in the crate.

My other concern was airline travel once I get going to rugby tournaments this year. I am not letting the baggage handlers loose on my magnesium Lasher. It probably smishes like a warm mosquito. Let's see them crush my exotic box-frame Oracing. I'll carry a copy of the invoice, get cut a cheque and be on my way.

Take a deep dreath Scott. You guys will do fine. I really think there is a market if done correctly. Hit up rehab centers with some good videos and as I said some demo chairs. When I was in rehab I'd stay awake nights just dreaming about where a Marvel could take me. But if insurance won't pay it's gonna be some tough sales.

Comment

this would not instill a lot of confidence in me if I were interested in one. They are for sale but not one has been produced yet? Yikes.

"Here's my money. Can you build me something that is totally non-customized to my shape, size or personality? Thanks."
                            so wait a few weeks. you've never heard of a pre-order with any other product?

the measurement spec ranges on your Lasher (which are set in stone) are all within (if not more limited than) the Icon's measurement ranges.

Comment

Orders will be sent Monday 8am Valencia time.
                              Hmmm.

Now I'm not even sure who's on my side now.....

Let me see if I've got this straight.....you:

1) bought a chair that was perfectly spec'd, then

2) you changed your mind about what kind of tires you like, which

3) affected both your dump and backrest angle, so now

4) you're too laid-back, and finally

5) you're ordering another non-adjustable chair?

After that story, and before the rumours start to fly, I want everyone to know that tooley is NOT on our payroll, and he will NOT be getting a free Icon (I can just about guarantee that 100%), but geez....thanks tooley.....I couldn't have written a better endorsement for adjustability.....and I'm glad you're rich.

Kidding aside, Oracing are nice chairs, they seem like good guys, and I'm sure they'll do a good build for you - good luck with your new chair.

PS - we do try to keep it simple - the table thing isn't a made up story - the table is hewn from stone - worth a lot more than his wheelchair, he doesn't want to "jack it up" because he commissioned it to look a certain way.

@JGNI - This is where the tubes sit vis a vis a person - the model in the photo is 5'8" - he's sitting 2.5" above the seat to mimic where we usually end up on a cushion. He has regular glutes though, so he looks like he's sitting a smidch

These are actual photos of the actual chair that was built, and that people sat in, and tested and gave us feedback on - as mentioned, the only difference is the change in the front wing. When -scott- said that there had been no "production prototypes" he meant using the exact processes that we'll use in production - eg. stampings instead of hand formed frame, and extrusions instead of CNC machined parts.

There will be no difference in performance from the ones we built by hand to the production models.

Comment

Like -scott- said, we're taking pre-production orders for delivery in September, and only deposits - nobody has been asked to pay for a chair.

@tooley - why not get an Icon and carry it in the overhead instead of kissing it goodbye at the plane door?

Comment

Working...
                                X