Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Icon Wheelchairs are now available for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donno View Post
    Think that there is any chance that the VA will consider supplying them to vets?
    @Donno - like all new (and existing) equipment, the veteran and his/her clinician will have to agree that there is a need for the equipment that can be justified. I think that the VA will consider anything that a vet requests, but will only approve equipment that can be reasonably justified.

We're working on getting on the vendors list with the VA, which will make it a lot easier for vets to access our product, but until then, the Icon can currently be purchased for a vet by the VA, but only if the VA seating therapist believes that the Icon can be justified - they would need to include in a form "10-2641" explaining why they thing the Icon is the best/appropriate chair for the vet, so there's a bunch of extra paperwork that needs to be done, and the final approval has to be stamped at central office, but it is possible.

Any vet who is interested in seeing the Icon should get in touch with our VA rep - Kristine Bacharach (kristine @ iconwheelchairs dot com), or send us a message through our website, and put us in touch with their seating therapist so that we can go in and demo the chair. The more vets who make requests from their clinicians, the easier it will be for us to make a case for getting on the vendors list.

Kristine and I went to the PVA games in Pittsburgh last week, and the reception we got was pretty amazing - we had a prototype with us, and did dozen of demos for vets and clinicians from all over the country - we even did one in Spanish for the therapists from Puerto Rico, and showed it off to a vet from Guam. People seem genuinely excited, and I hope it doesn't seem like bragging, but when we did our demos, people were crowding around two and three deep to see.

@grommet - we will be at the show in San Jose. Hopefully we can draw a mob there too.....

Comment

That's great! I can't wait to check the chair out, especially after what SCI-OTR said about it's adjustability. I design order and live with a chair the way it is. It's a new paradigm to think of having a chair you adjust to your needs at the time. It's hard to imagine the new kind of thinking I'd need. Really looking forward to seeing the chair.

"@grommet - we will be at the show in San Jose. Hopefully we can draw a mob there too..... "

Comment

Any pics of the prototype? Please!

Still looking for the latest Icon photos.
        Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
        ... - we had a prototype with us, and did dozen of demos for vets and clinicians from all over the country -... people were crowding around two and three deep to see.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteShick View Post
          Still looking for the latest Icon photos.
          @PS - All the latest photos/images are out there. As soon as we have anything new, I'll put them up.

Comment

I just recently received an In-service and we wrenched on the ICON chair. Now we, www.u2mobility.com are happy to be offering the ICON chair. I have seen many chairs developed over 30+ years. And this chair is one of the sleekest adjustable designed chairs on the market. If you want to get a competitive price give us a call!

Comment

Commercial links to businesses aren't allowed here. But this one post is fine. Thanks.
              Originally posted by U2Mobility View Post
              I just recently received an In-service and we wrenched on the ICON chair. Now we, www.u2mobility.com are happy to be offering the ICON chair. I have seen many chairs developed over 30+ years. And this chair is one of the sleekest adjustable designed chairs on the market. If you want to get a competitive price give us a call!
              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X