• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apex 7000 Weight System $1800

Universal Gym for Wheelchair Users
    Apex Challenge 7000

$1800 or best offer

In Denver, CO pick-up only

This machine is in excellent condition, just takes up too much space in my apartment. Buyer responsible for moving, I have the assembly instructions and tools required to disassemble. Photo on bottom right is the actual machine I’m selling, the other 2 photos are from the manufactures website. Bring all offers, I need the space more than the $, I would like this to go to someone who will use it more than me.

720-863-4025
    sales@crippleconcepts.com

http://about.me/joshuawinkler

Would you like to donate. I would love to take apex off your hands. I'm in tucson,az and would pick up. I promise i'll put to good use. let me know

Comment

$1800 that's a great deal. Wish I lived closer!

Comment

If that pic is your actual gym in the lower right then you do NOT have the CH7000 that sells for $3300 on sportaid.

What you have is the Bodycraft Galena which sells for $1499.

http://www.fitnessblowout.com/equipm...dycraft-galena#

Comment

It is most definitely a CH7000, ordered it from Sportaid and was drop shipped in a crate from Apex. I have the curl elbow rest, just not installed as it really takes up a lot of space. The "bench press" bar is different than the one pictured on the Apex site, but is the one sent with the machine.

Comment

Ok, the bench press bar is what thru me off. As some have stated that it sits to high up.

Both machines look similiar, but the Apex has adjustments in the lap pad.
            My question is, when did you buy this? also, does your bench press bar adjust out so you can do a shoulder press. The one on Apex's site does not look like it does, but yours does. Basically same machines, but apex just modified it for wheelchairs and charged three times the cost.

i am going back and forth between the Apex and the one for $1499.

Sorry to suggest you do not have what you stated, but that press bar really thru me off and I am wondering when it was changed.

Comment

No problem Tim, I looked at the one for $1,499 and wondered if Apex built it too as it does look a lot like the CH7000. My bench press bar has 7 positions, however the adjuster is about 5' off the floor. The more I look at the BodyCraft, the more I think Apex must just modify one of those or just copied their design.

Where are you located? If you come disassemble and haul it from Denver I will sell you my machine for less than the BodyCraft! I have a couple wrist/ankle cuffs and a 5lb weight for the stack (plates are 10lb each) that come with it.

Comment

delete
                Last edited by Tim Finn; 12 Jul 2011, 3:25 AM.

Comment

i think he just wants to sell it, not learn the history of it. just buy the bodycraft, you'll come out ahead cause you can remove the unwanted parts and sell them for scrap metal.

Comment

Hey Bud, I do not live in CO and if I did I would buy your machine in a heartbeat because of the preacher curl and adj back rest.
                    Last edited by Tim Finn; 12 Jul 2011, 3:25 AM.

Comment

Apex/Bodycraft

It's hard for me to see in the pics. Can the apex or bodycraft Galena be used in the chair or do you need to transfer? Thanks

Comment

memory4, the APEX is designed for wheelchair users. The Galena can be used if you do not install the seats, but you will need to modify some things.

After looking at some video of the Galena I am convinced that doing a row may be a problem. Even though the back rest does adjust out, it does not look like it will be long enough to support your chest because of the WC. With the Apex, you can turn the back rest a full 90 degrees for extra lenght. I have seen where some have made thier own back rest on the Galena longer, but that is not something I can do. So, back to looking for a CH7000.

Another issue is with the lat pad. If you cannot get that part supported all you will do is come out of the chair.

Looking at the back rest on the APEX is a little more complex and is something wheel chair users need.

Well, on a postive note, at least I will get the preacher curl.
                        Last edited by Tim Finn; 12 Jul 2011, 2:57 AM.

Comment

Hey Tim,

I'm not sure what row exercise you are talking about, using the bench press in reverse? The back rest on the bench press side is easy to adjust, the one on the butterfly side is fixed in position and I had to get longer bolts to extend it far enough off the machine to support my back. I'm a complete C5/6, so even lifting 20lbs tends to really twist my back, I needed solid back support. The only major change I think they should make to the Apex is a lighter weight stack, or options for 2lb or 5lb plates instead of 10lbs.

Comment

Yes, bench press in rev.

Hey CC, can you tell me about how your CH7000 was shipped.

How many boxes did it come in?
                            Did they just drop it off and you had to get someone to bring it in?

or, where you able to setup a time when they can bring it in and install it?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Finn View Post
                              Yes, bench press in rev.

Hey CC, can you tell me about how your CH7000 was shipped.

How many boxes did it come in?
                              Did they just drop it off and you had to get someone to bring it in?

or, where you able to setup a time when they can bring it in and install it?

Thank you
                              it comes via freight truck. it's packed in a couple big pallets and is heavy. i put mine together mostly on my own with a standing wheelchair, i had to have help putting the weights on and mounting the top. the weights are dropped from the top before putting the top on, it takes 2 to line it up, i lined it up while my broher dropped the top into place.
                              you'll want to put it together in the room where it will be, it is too tall to ge through doorways when put together. they claim it is a space saver model, but it takes a good 8 x 8 space to use it with a wheelchair.
                              Also, it comes with 2 different pads for the sitting bench press area, one is longer for doing rows plus the one for the bench press adjust out for shoulder press, it uses a spring loaded knob. it also comes with lots of extra parts and handles for doing other exercises that aren't advertised.
                              Last edited by jschism; 15 Jul 2011, 1:57 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Working...
                              X