• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need to buy fleet enemas, help

i use the 1.25oz fleet enema's with bisacodyl
    everywhere i look online to buy them, they are sold out or on backorder
    does anyone know where i can get some!

thx

Here is a bulletin regarding the Fleet Bisacodyl enema product, date May 5, 2011. They are experiencing a production shortage. Is there a substitute product you can use for a while?
    http://www.ashp.org/DrugShortages/Cu...in.aspx?id=760

GJ

Comment

any substitute you can recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by RAZZ81 View Post
        any substitute you can recommend?
        I don't know if there is a specific reason that you use the Fleet product, but if you are willing to try other methods, there are Magic Bullet Bisacodyl suppositories and Enemeez mini enemas.
        Magic Bullets (also available from other suppliers): http://conceptsinconfidence.com/

Enemeez: http://www.enemeez.com/ct/store/productInfo.asp

All the best,
        GJ

Comment

I would agree with trying the Enemeez instead. It is probably closest in effect and composition to the liquid bisacodyl "mini-enema" sold by Fleets.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

the enemeez is docusate sodium 283mg,lot milder than disacodyl. most companies will send you some free samples.i have seen the fleet bisacodyl enemas in the larger size, i have ordered them from drugstore.com or walgreens online, they were about 12oz, i am not dire if they are out,if bisacodyl is in short supply then magic bullets will also be hit on the next run.
            cauda equina

Comment

True metronycguy

Gang how about generic brand ones by walmart or CVS etc... ??? Lemme know thanks : GL

Comment

Unless magic bullet has gone way up in price, I recommend it. You get 100 in a box. I don't know how many emeneze you get.
                http://www.allegromedical.com/bathro...637_a_7c190938

Ok these guys have the MB for $56 shipped.
                And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

When I buy my enemas I purchase a months supply and keep them in my closet by my bathroom and some on a bathroom shelf

2 to a box in my case per package ...

Magic Bullets yes these are good imop I used to use them but I dont know I find a $1.56 box of generic enemas worth it in my life ...

Glycerin suppositories used to work on me but then they stopped .

Comment

Bisacodyl Enemas

We have been microwaving the Fleets Naturals for 28 seconds and dissolving a bisacodyl suppository in the bottle. You just shake the bottle until the suppository dissolves. Also you need to check to make sure it is not too hot before you use it. We microwave and dissolve the suppository then wait a few minutes to get it the right temperature. It is working ok enough to get us through. I just called the company and was told the bisacodyl enemas would, hopefully, be available in August. (They told me that about May also). Hope this helps.

Comment

wanted fleet 1.25oz enema

can anyone sell me any of the fleet 1.25oz bisacodyl enemas? i need some asap. i'll cover all shipping.
                      thx
                      ron

Comment

Originally posted by Moe's Mom View Post
                        We have been microwaving the Fleets Naturals for 28 seconds and dissolving a bisacodyl suppository in the bottle. You just shake the bottle until the suppository dissolves. Also you need to check to make sure it is not too hot before you use it. We microwave and dissolve the suppository then wait a few minutes to get it the right temperature. It is working ok enough to get us through. I just called the company and was told the bisacodyl enemas would, hopefully, be available in August. (They told me that about May also). Hope this helps.
                        Did you read the message above?

(KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

After using the Fleets for thirty years I was not happy they were unavailable. I considered what the other person is doing -disolving the suppository in saline. I called enemeez and got some free sample. I have used them twice and so far so good.
                          "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

Working...
                          X