Carbon Fiber Rigid chairs MARKETING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    Do you plan on subjecting the prototype to these tests for potential marketing and sales in the US?
    If this would be available in the US I would start saving money for it now. The design is attractive, but I would want to see a little bit of information showing long term durability (this chair must last at least 5 years of daily use and abuse).
    Thanks,
    Mandy

I will be putting my chairs to the test for sure! As of now though, I am going to build a prototype and get someone in it for feedback. You mentioned the use of 3k. I’m not sure just yet if that’s my material of choice. I'll probably mix layers of 3k, 12k and uni depending on stress points and the need for added strength. Although I would like to build the worlds lightest chairs, I'm going to focus on lifespan and go from there.

I've made an offer to a few people to buy the first chair and get another one for free after the first one wears out or 5 years rolls by. That way, I can get some investment capitol and feedback and the client would get 2 chairs for half the price of one. No one has taken me up on it yet but I’m staying optimistic!

Comment

Originally posted by CentralComposites View Post
      I've made an offer to a few people to buy the first chair and get another one for free after the first one wears out or 5 years rolls by. That way, I can get some investment capitol and feedback and the client would get 2 chairs for half the price of one. No one has taken me up on it yet but I’m staying optimistic!
      that's a cool way to raise capital.

...providing you stay in business > 5yrs.

you may have some takers once you have a prototype.

Comment

Wheelchairs arent my primary business, yet. I have a few contracts building parts for aircraft and cars and more in the hopper. Im not building a business to sell out in 2-3 years. I'm building a retirement!

Comment

Not to sound dumb, but I couldn't tell you what 3K, 12K and uni are in the CF world. I was commenting that a custom CF chair for around $3,000 would be a tempting price.
          If I had the money I would take you up on your first chair offer, but I can't afford it. I wish you the best of luck and please keep us informed. Our transportation modes are always in need of some modernization, and it takes someone with new ideas to do it.
          Mandy
          ~Mandy~
          SCI as a result of spinal surgery
          TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Curviest View Post
            Not to sound dumb, but I couldn't tell you what K, K and UN are in the CF world. I was commenting that a custom CF chair for around $3,000 would be a tempting price.
            If I had the money I would take you up on your first chair offer, but I can't afford it. I wish you the best of luck and please keep us informed. Our transportation modes are always in need of some modernization, and it takes someone with new ideas to do it.
            Mandy

Sorry for the misunderstanding I think I found my first investor, but I will offer another 9 at that price before I start making adjustments. I'll put up a link to the site after its up.

Comment

Re : Katja about the Helio wheelchair

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say the Helio Wheelchair is actually a CF wheelchair developed, made and produced in Quebec, Canada.

If you want any additional information about the product, feel free to PM me !

Comment

LOVE. the concept & would be willing to make use of a prototype in ordrr too help make it the best it can be.
                'Chelle
                L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Originally posted by Broknwing View Post
                  LOVE. the concept & would be willing to make use of a prototype in ordrr too help make it the best it can be.

Let me get the first one made and on the street! Would you be interested in buying one of the first series? Please PM me if you would like some aditional information!

Comment

I really like the seat pan idea.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
                      I really like the seat pan idea.

Thanks! I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

Comment

How are the pictures coming? i'm really interested in getting one if you are still putting the offer out there. private message me and ill give you a call so we talk on the phone.

Forrest

Comment

Working...
                        X