Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transfer board

Hi All,
    We are looking for a reasonably priced Beasy transfer board. If anyone has one, please let us know. We are having to purchase things on our own now since they decided David's disability check is more than $350 a month, plus the $20 allowance they give him. No medical coverage , supplies or therapy, etc, until he spends $4500 first on medical. This is something he really needs and they won't get it for him now.
    Thanks,
    DavesMom, Diane

Why do you need that specific board? We have one, and rarely use it. It is very heavy and bulky, and not safe for use without clothing on (major pinch risk). If a regular slide board like the UltraSlick does not work, then perhaps it would be easier and safer to use a lift.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

BTW, I just ordered an UltraSlick transfer board from, of all people, Amazon! The 27" long size is $60.95

Comment

I was told there was less chance of shearing on his butt with the beasy board. I just don't want to use anything that could hurt him after all that time healing the wounds on his butt. We use the lift now but he wants to use a transfer board.
        DavesMom, Diane

Comment

stay away from the beasy. get an adi or ultraslick then put transfer strips on, no shear.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

If you look at the circular part of the beasy board, and there is no delicate way to put this, it is sized for an anemic twelve year old. Any adult is going to have part of their butt hanging off the circle, which is where the problem lies. The circle slides, but part of the butt is still adhered to the non moving part of the board, and then there is also the track the circle slides on, which is dangerous for tender skin to potentially get pinched in.

Comment

If you really want to avoid shear, you can use any slide board (we use Ultraslick too) and the smallest Phil-e-slide roller sheet (only available currently in the UK). You could make your own out of rip-stop nylon. You do have to be careful the he doesn't slide too easily though and shoot off the end of the board....

http://www.phil-e-slide-uk.com/produ...r-slide-sheets

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

here buy these. they are da bomb.
                http://www.tamarackhti.com/friction_.../glidefree.asp
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Thanks everyone. It pays to ask. I thought I was doing something good for him but you are all right. We don't need any problems and I appreciate your input.
                  DavesMom, Diane

Comment

That Beasy transfer board looks more like an Ass Cheek Deli Slicer.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                      That Beasy transfer board looks more like an Ass Cheek Deli Slicer.
                      I don't care who you are.......THAT'S FUNNY!
                      Larry
                      ------
                      Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Comment

Working...
                      X