Equipment Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment Available

Does anyone need or want Uppertone gym, Vida Glide, arm bike, 2 manual chairs and a power chair?

My fiance recently passed away and I need to clear out his aptmt. ASAP. He was tall (6'3") and weighed about 235. I live in NJ.

Any other ideas on how to get the equipment to someone or an organization who might need it?

Thanks,

Betsy

Very sorry to hear about your fiance. I wish you peace and comfort.

Regarding the manual chairs, I'd be very interested to know what kind they are and what the measurements are!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Im am sorry to hear about your fiance. What kind of manuel chairs are they?

Comment

where is the equipment located?
        C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

ill take the vita plz
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I really need an arm bike for some cardio help.
            Could you please tell me what kind of an arm bike you have.
            Thank you.
            C 5/6 Comp.
            No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Betsy, sent you a pm....

Comment

Where are you located?

My father's 6'2" and it is hard finding him a used 2nd manual wheelchair, which he needs for the 2nd floor of his house. We've had a few close calls...

Thanks. Let me know...

I'm very sorry to hear about your finance. I wish you the best.
                Last edited by hlh; 28 Jan 2009, 8:02 PM.

Comment

Betsy, I sent you a personal message with contact information

I am so sorry for your loss. Please read my personal message.

Warmest regards,
                  Walter

Comment

Please don't forget about me. I'm really interested in the manual chairs. You can PM me if you'd like.
                    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Cerebral palsy foundation is good at finding homes for these types of things
                      If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

You can donate to foundations/orgs who need wheelchair and other equipment for very needy persons, including sending them overseas to developing countries where wheelchairs are extremely scarce for the many who need them but can not obtain. Many of these orgs will pick up the chair and/or cover any shipping costs. I know some groups have been posted before, but can't think of them right now. SCI nurse - KLD- is familiar with many of these orgs and she might be good person to contact for a list and some direction.

Comment

So Very Sorry

Betsy,
                          Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you - may you find strength as well as peace during this time. I sent you a PM and would truly like to hear from you. God Bless and Take Care.

Comment

Equipment Available

Thanks for your condolences and interest. The thing is I need someone who can disassemble and pick up the equipment ASAP as my fiance's lease expires at the end of the month. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or funds to ship any of the equipment.

I'll get the specs on the chairs to you later. As I mentioned, my fiance was over 6 feet and about 235, so that chairs were custom-made and on the large side.

Tried to reply last night, but my power went off in the middle.

Thanks, Betsy

Comment

i'll handle the shipping cost on that vitaglide....check your pm, ill send my cell number

Originally posted by betsygal View Post
                              Thanks for your condolences and interest. The thing is I need someone who can disassemble and pick up the equipment ASAP as my fiance's lease expires at the end of the month. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or funds to ship any of the equipment.

I'll get the specs on the chairs to you later. As I mentioned, my fiance was over 6 feet and about 235, so that chairs were custom-made and on the large side.

Tried to reply last night, but my power went off in the middle.

Thanks, Betsy
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com
                              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                              sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Working...
                              X