No announcement yet.

Need help. Recommend physiatrist/back care center - Grand Rapids/Muskegon/Holland MI?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Need help. Recommend physiatrist/back care center - Grand Rapids/Muskegon/Holland MI?

    I have been suffering for 6 months with low back pain and intermittent sciatica. At times I am unable to reach to put socks on. At times, walking is difficult. MRI shows bluldging disks, spinal stenosis, arthritis, scholios (not severe).

    I live near Muskegon, Michigan and would gladly drive as far as Ann Arbor or Detroit, but that would make regular physical therapy visits difficult. Does anyone know of a good spinal clinic with a good physiatrist in the Muskegon/Holland/Grand Rapids Michigan area?

    I've tried alternative medicine, physical therapy, orthopedic specialist and lately have been struggling with depression.

    So grateful for any suggestions,

    I would start with Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation hospital in Grand Rapids as they have a good reputation and a large rehabilitation program that includes spinal cord injury. Although you don't sound like you have a spinal cord injury, they could probably refer you to a competent orthopedic spine specialist in that area.

    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.