No announcement yet.

What kind of cardiologist? How to find one?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What kind of cardiologist? How to find one?

    Now that I'm in Seattle, I need to find a new cardiologist. My old one didn't have specific recommendations, and I've tried contacting the University of Washington Medical Center, but the Cardio department hasn't returned my calls.

    I'm about to run out of medication refills, and it really isn't working, and I need to see someone soon. I've got a rapid heart rate, which started after surgery last September.

    When I look at the "preferred providers" on my insurance provider's website, there are tons, but the only specialities show are cardiovascular disease, and cardio surgery. I don't feel I fit into either of these categories. How do I find the right doctor?

  • #2
    See my PM to you.

    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.