This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is not a SCI book of sorts
    But this past week When I was in the hospital I read alot of passages from my old Bible and the word Righteousness kept poping up
    To me Being Righteous is Being positive and hanging in there not succumbing to failure .
    I feel righteous since my surgeryy My old Bible helped me deal with alot of issues on my mind and the answers to my questions were right there in the Bible
    Amen
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady

Luv ya all keep smiling ...

Comment

In 2005 my husband suffered from a complete brachial plexus avulsion injury. I have just completed writing a book called Dependence Day that tells about his accident, rehab, recovery, surgeries, pain and adaptation. It is a book about faith, family and friends and how God uses these to carry us through tragedy. I hope that it can be an encouragement to others who find themselves in difficult seasons. Search for Dependence Day on facebook for more information or go to CrossBooks.com.

Comment

Hi heidiplsn@gmail.com
        I really tip my hat off to you upon writing your book Dependence Day

Some year's back immediately after I came out of the coma and surgeries things started falling in place for me regarding my experiences , ordeals etc... It was approx 14 days to be exact but the most profound experience of my life . I published a really kool poem whispers in my sleep , one thing led to another .

I like to write poems and stuff of that nature .
        Before my freak accident I was a pretty prolific abstract poet and photographer , I would shot photos from 20 - 40 thousand feet in my friends plane .

Sometimes I look at old photos and poems of my past and I am reminded that Now is my new chapter in my life to share my new experiences etc...

The best part of expression is that there always is a way to get our point's ( views ) across .

I'll check out your book
        Thank you
        Gypsy GL

Comment

We'll I did the unthinkable today

I went to barnes / noble and ordered 6 books of all sorts of stuff
          2 on computer tech stuff and the others are kool various authors in medical feild
          so it should be interesting in about 3 to 6 days

Comment

Because my hands bother me alot I have trouble with my hairdoos
            Last night I ordered a couple of books about kool hairstyling from barnes / noble
            I like doing hair and it has been hard lately for the last 4 years with my hand cramps espec as a incomplete quad
            Maybe a new idea will inspire me or something
            I never get bored reading and learning

Comment

Hi
              This is something for helping me with my SCI
              I have alot of issues with my Weak left side

Being I am a woman who loves reading I ordered used books about hairstyling and tips / tricks because I have to find way's of dealing with my very long hair
              I will find ways to improvise for my lack of left hand abilities etc .

My personal goal is to teach myself how to braid
              I will find a way

Just figured i'd add and keep this forum going stronger by sharing ideas

Lastly I hope to see / hear from more of you in here this is a nice Forum

Sincerely ;
              GL

Comment

My book on spinal cord injury

I wrote a book which was published in 2007 called A Complete Plain-English Guide to Living with a Spinal Cord Injury: Valuable Information From A Survivor.

Here is the link on Amazon.com. I am in the process of getting it formatted for e-books other than on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Plain...7729745&sr=1-3

Carolyn

Comment

Thanks Carolyn- I am going to order it.

Comment

2001 issue 5 Clinical evidence
                    It's old & interesting found it at a yard sale for 10 cents .

The Make - Up Book by Joy Terri Real Autographed one and
                    Making Faces

Ordered these from B& Noble interesting stuff.

Comment

although this book is not about SCI
                      I am a electronics freak who is alway's wanting to make things better etc...
                      I am reading a book
                      Understanding Electronic Schematics

one can never learn everything ...
                      I feel this is valuable because I want to custom make a true 4 wheel drive 4 x 4 safe electric wheelchair that will be small / comfortable enough for any home

My part is trying to make a chair that will be affordable , fun and light enough for any SCI person because I am very hard on my wheelchairs and do not like seeing people patients struggle with getting stuck or being unable to enjoy the scenic fun thing's in life.

I am a dreamer, poor girl who just does my best but has lot's of knowledge to offer ...

Maybe I can hopefully get a job working in a wheelchair manufacturing plant doing something positive for our community .

Comment

Transverse Myelitis:Our Stories

I recently had a book published that has the stories of 20 people from around the world, that have TM.
                        They talk about how TM has affected their lives and the lives of their families.
                        I wanted to do a book like this, instead of a "me" book because I thought that having the stories of 20 people would give a better perspective about TM and how it affects each person individually.
                        It's available as a paperback and also as an ebook through Barnes and Noble and also Amazon.
                        The proceeds of the book are going to TM research.
                        http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tran...e%252bmyelitis

http://www.amazon.com/Transverse-Mye...1281256&sr=8-8

BTW...one of the stories in the book is an interview that I did with Tom Rafferty who is a retired NFL football player.
                        Spent 14 years with the Dallas Cowboys and retired in 1989. Had his TM onset in April 2008.

Comment

T11 by Jay Monteer

Please help! I am desperately looking for this book!! T11 by Jay Monteer do any of you have a copy you would like to sell?
                          Thank you

Comment

Bethany
                            I guess you are not on here to much but i just read Moving Violations on your recommendation .Just wanted to say Thanks! I really enjoyed the book! Not your typical SCI book i have read quite a few.

Originally posted by betheny View Post
                            This seems to be an unpopular author, but my favorite book about sci so far is "Moving Violations" by John Hockenberry. It's a memoir by a man who has led an eventful and successful life despite an sci at age 19. This book got me through rehab and I've given many copies of it as gifts. Somehow his mindset about moving on was in synch with my own. I guess people don't like him because he doesn't pursue a cure but at the acute stage, I found it to be very encouraging.

Comment

Working...
                            X