Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

books

Hi there

Did you read any book related to living with SCI? Can you give me a feedback? Which are the must read, motivational, inspiring books related to living with SCI.

All I read until now was Joni.
    Last edited by cypresss; 1 Nov 2009, 4:37 AM.
    This signature left intentionally blank.

One book I would recomend is 'Moving Violations' by John Hockenberry. Funny and realistic autobiography. http://desires.com/1.7/Word/Bookrevs/Docs/mv.html

Another I liked was 'Will The Real John Callahan Please Stand Up?' by John Callahan. John is a TRULY irreverent and edgy cartoonist who you may remember from the animated series 'Pelswick'

Both, I found, let you know that you're not alone and that there's life after injury. It's just all in how you look at things.

Comment

Check out the older threads on pages 2 and 3 of this forum for many previous discussions of these books.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I second Moving Violations and I want to add John Callahan's Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot!

Comment

Working...
        X